TWO-HOUR, HALF DAY AND FULL DAY WORKSHOPS AVAILABLE.
CONTACT JOANNE FOR MORE DETAILS.
Our lives are woven with countless stories, yet many of us overlook their significance, especially in business. And while business leaders may recognize the value of their stories, there is often hesitation when it comes to effectively communicating them.
This interactive workshop will equip leaders with the skills to effectively mine for their best personal stories, and then tell them with confidence to increase influence, build trust, and foster positive change.
In an age characterized by relentless technological advancement, the human touch has emerged as an invaluable asset in effective business communication. This engaging workshop will give leaders the tools to harness this element, and seamlessly incorporate it into their personal communication style. In this foundational storytelling workshop participants will discover:
• How to master great story structure that encompassing arcs, stakes, and resolutions.
• The effective use of storytelling as a leader, to inspire individuals to take meaningful, positive actions.
• An exploration of diverse story types that prove impactful when communicating either with colleagues, clients, or investors.
• How to confidently deliver your story in an engaging way that sticks
• How to use the powerful tools of recognition and humour to increase human connection in storytelling
Through engaging exercises and personalized guidance, participants will unlock the secrets of effective storytelling, ensuring that your brand resonates with authenticity and engages customers. Whether it's sales pitches, presentations or team meetings, storytelling can help people stand out, connect with their peers, and create a lasting impact.
I recognize that every organization is unique, with its own set of challenges, goals, and values.
Thats why this workshop can be fully customizable, enabling me to align the foundational storytelling skills workshop with the needs and objectives of your organization.
Get a Quote
1. ENGAGES CUSTOMERS:
Storytelling evokes emotions and helps people connect with the brand on a deeper level. This can lead to increased customer loyalty and engagement.
2. CREATES A MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE:
People remember stories better than facts and figures. A well-told story is more likely to stick in a customer's mind than a list of statistics or features.
3. DIFFERENTIATES A BRAND:
Every business has competitors, but telling a unique and compelling story can set a brand apart from the rest.
4. BUILDS TRUST:
Sharing challenges, successes, and values through storytelling humanizes the brand and makes it more relatable.
5. INSPIRES ACTION:
Stories have the power to inspire people to take action, whether it's making a purchase, or spreading the word about a brand.
At the end of a Happy Funny Amazing Storytelling workshop clients have the option to record up to three stories from your colleagues, to be featured on the popular "Happy Funny Amazing" podcast. This means your unique stories can reach a broader audience and offer greater exposure for your brand.
And with our professionally produced audio recordings, you'll have a high-quality asset to share on your website, social media channels, and other marketing materials. So don't settle for traditional advertising methods – take your brand to the next level with the power of "Happy Funny Amazing" podcast. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you achieve your marketing goals.
An in-house podcast option is also available, with the episode only being shared with employees or select clients.
Get a Quote
Enquire about dates!
Joanne will come to your home or office and bring a Storytelling soiree with her! Part workshop, part cocktail party, this is Joanne's foundational storytelling workshop but it leans into the fun!
This event brings together your friends and work colleagues to network, forge valuable connections, and learn the power of storytelling. While having a GREAT time getting to know each other better. Perfect for a holiday gathering. In your home or office!
A dynamic and interactive experience, these foundational storytelling skills will be covered:
• Mining for your best personal stories (and connecting them to business messaging where appropriate)
• Effective story structure
• Standing and delivering
• Harnessing the power of comedy in storytelling
$85 + HST per guest includes:
- Wine and bubbly water
- Full 3 hour storytelling workshop and workbook to take home
* Host is free!
Enquire about Rates
Storytelling in Education
A fun, interactive and immersive 3-hour storytelling workshop for youth!
Young people have an innate love of stories, and this workshop builds on that connection and empowers them to share and connect through the art of storytelling. Through engaging exercises and personalized guidance, they will learn:
• How to mine their lives for their best personal stories
• The difference between a story and an anecdote
• Foundational story structure that can be transferred into any kind of fictional or non-fictional storytelling.
• A simple technique for using stories to reinforce messaging when giving school presentations
• How to inject humour into storytelling
• Gain confidence in public speaking
Along with the educational benefits of mastering storytelling, the opportunity to hear stories from their peers has many social benefits. This immersive experience has been shown to:
• Encourage empathy as youth hear the challenges and perspectives of their peers.
• Promotes a sense of belonging as commonalties are discovered.
• Provide examples of how others have overcome difficulties, fostering problem-solving skills and resilience.
• Offer inspiration by showcasing the successes of peers, motivating youth to pursue their own goals.
• Foster an appreciation for different cultures, traditions, and backgrounds
This work shop can be customized to accommodate grades:
3-6, 7-8 or High School
Photo by Mindy Gough
"The book and follow-up are a godsend. Awesome Class! Thanks, Joanne"
"Joanne's workshop helped me take an idea I've had for years and turn it into something tangible."
Next Review ->
Photo by Mindy Gough
"Very much enjoyed the class. I learned 10X as much in 4 hours than I have in 6 months of online research."
" I would have paid a lot more for what was taught!"
Next Review ->
"Joanne's class was great. Very informal and informative."
"Joanne Showed me the information I didn't know I needed to know!
Next Review ->